Let’s talk Christmas. More specifically, let’s talk Christmas food. Around this time of year, almost everyone is on the lookout for new recipes and ideas to prepare for their Christmas lunch.
Don’t get me wrong, all those things are great, although when I’m looking for desserts, I’m looking for something suitable for summer. Suitable to an Australian Christmas. Something cool and fresh that looks beautiful and summery.
Mini Pavlova with Whipped Cream and Fresh Fruit
For the Pavlovas
Pinch of Salt
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
2 tsp Cornflour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tbsp Icing Suger
- Preheat oven to 110°C. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well between each addition, until thick and glossy and all the sugar has dissolved. Carefully fold in the cornflour and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the meringue evenly on baking tray into 8 even circles. Spread the meringue out over each circle.
- Cook for 1 hour or until the meringues are crisp. Turn the oven off and use a wooden spoon to keep the door ajar. Set aside in the oven for around an hour or until cooled completely.
- Meanwhile, add cream and icing sugar to a small bowl and beat until thoroughly whipped.
- To serve, add a dollop of cream to each pavlova and top with cut up fresh fruit.