Creamy French baked eggs with leg ham and cheese. Oeufs en Cocotte is a easy and quick breakfast recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes! Creamy eggs baked in ramekins are the perfect brunch or breakfast that will be the highlight of your morning!
French cooking tends to have a reputation of being extremely complicated and sophisticated; but in reality, a lot of classic French dishes are perfectly simple.
Like the recipe I’m sharing with you today! When I say ‘Oeufs en Cocotte’ you might think it would take hours to prepare or that it’s too difficult for a home cook. Well, you can think again.
Oeufs en Cocotte is just eggs baked in ramekins! It’s so easy and quick to make that you’ll have breakfast on the table in less than half and hour! My recipe has just 5 ingredients (not counting salt and pepper!) and is utterly creamy and comforting!
Making the creamy baked eggs
To assemble, divide ham between the four ramekins. Add cream, reserving 4 tbsp for later. Crack an egg into each one and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Finally, add the remaining cream and grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking!
Creamy French Baked Eggs (Oeufs en Cocotte)
- 2 slices leg ham, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup cream
- 4 eggs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
- 4 slices toasted baguette
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Divide ham between four ramekins. Add cream, reserving 4 tbsp for later use.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin and season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Add a tbsp cream on top of each egg and add grated cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with fresh parsley and toasted baguette.
- You can also add two eggs to each ramekin if desired!