Calling all Mexican lovers! This fresh tomato salsa, or Pico de Gallo, is way better than any bottled store bought salsa. I must say this recipe did take some trial and error, but it was so worth it. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and there’s no cooking required!
I love to simply serve this salsa with tortilla chips and guacamole, but it also makes the perfect edition to taco night! Another of my favourite ways to have it is to spoon it on top of grilled chicken with sweet chilli sauce, absolutely delicious. However you decide to have this salsa, it’s sure to impress!
you may also like…
TIPS FOR THE BEST PICO DE GALLO
- Since Pico de Gallo is a fresh and relatively simple salsa, it’s best to always use the best quality produce you can – the better the tomatoes, the better the salsa
- I like to dice everything into small chunks so that you always get a bit of everything in every bite
- Make sure to mix everything very well to make sure all the flavours get blended together
Watch the Video!
Fresh Tomato Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
- 1 Medium Tomato, finely diced
- 1/8 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1 Small Chilli, finely diced (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Dice the tomato, red onion and chilli and add to a serving bowl. Add lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly to incorporate. This salsa can be served with corn or tortilla chips, or served over grilled chicken.