Fettuccine Carbonara is an easy and quick weeknight dinner! It’s a delicious creamy pasta dish made with bacon, garlic, cream, Parmesan, eggs and served with Fettuccine pasta! It’s a simple meal the family will love!
Okay, so I love pasta. I really love it. I have actually been known to whip up a quick Spaghetti Marinara for breakfast…yeah. But today we are not talking about Marinara, we’re talking creamy and delicious Carbonara!
This Fettuccine Carbonara is the real deal comfort food! It’s decadent and creamy and warms your soul from the inside out. I love Carbonara and I’m very pleased to be sharing my recipe with you today!
Now before we dive in, I’m just going to say that this recipe isn’t the most traditional Italian meal out there….most Carbonara recipes don’t call for cream. The creaminess comes solely from the egg yolks, but I personally think the cream just makes it so much better!
Tips For The Best Carbonara
Whisk Like Crazy – To get the best results and the creamiest sauce, you have to make sure the eggs are whisked properly and well combined!
Remove From Heat – It’s very important to remove the frying pan from the heat before you add in the cream and egg mixture. This is where most people go wrong. If you leave the pan on the heat, you may just end up with some scrambled eggs for dinner.
Make Sure The Pan Is Hot – Be sure to add in the creamy mixture immediately after removing the frying pan from the heat. And pour it in slowly.
- 250g dried fettuccine pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 rashers shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, cream, cheese, garlic salt, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to a large frying pan on medium-high heat and gently sauté bacon and garlic until golden.
- Add pasta and remove frying pan from heat. Pour in cream mixture and stir to combine. Serve with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Keep in mind that both the bacon and Parmesan are quite salty so don’t go overboard with the salt.