This slow cooker Beef Ragu with Fettuccine is an easy and classic recipe for a delicious pasta dish! The tender chunks of slow-cooked beef makes this the perfect hearty meal for Winter!
I’m pleased to say that I now finally have a slow cooker! I know now how amazing these things are at transforming cheap cuts of meat into tender, melt in the mouth dishes that I can really get excited about! Like my Slow Cooked Beef Ragu with Fettuccine!
This is probably my new favourite pasta dish and it couldn’t be easier to make! All you have to do is dice up the vegetables and place them along with everything else in the slow cooker. Set the timer and wait for the magic to happen!
How to Make Beef Ragu
This Beef Ragu is very easy to prepare with very minimal preparation required.
To make the Ragu, start by finely dicing carrot, celery, onion and garlic and place in the slow cooker along with beef, Passata, beef stock, oregano, flour, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Using a wooden or plastic spoon, stir everything to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, remove lid and sauté for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced. Now take the bay leaf and beef out and shred using two forks. Place shredded meat back into slow cooker and give it another mix to combine with the sauce.
Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Fettuccine
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 750g chuck steak
- 700ml passata
- 500ml beef stock
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 500g dried fettuccine pasta
- parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Add oil, vegetables, garlic and beef to slow cooker along with passata, stock, oregano and bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and water thoroughly to combine and add to slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Remove lid and sauté, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Remove beef and shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker, stirring to combine and keep on warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large bowl of water to the boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce and divide between bowls. Serve with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.