Mixed berry is probably my favourite cheesecake flavour. I love fruity, tangy desserts a lot more than rich chocolatey ones, something that my dad thoroughly disagrees with. I sort of feel that you’re either a chocolate dessert person or a fruity dessert person.
If you are a fruity kind of person, then I got you covered! This berry cheesecake slice has the perfect amount of tangy, berry flavour, whilst still being decedent and creamy.
And what exactly is a cheesecake slice, you ask? Well, it’s what you get when you intend to make a cheesecake and realise at the very last minute that you’re out of gelatine and quickly have to improvise because you have guests coming over. Or so I’ve heard….
If you don’t want to serve this as a slice then fear not, because it works perfectly fine as a full sized cheesecake too! And if you don’t want to use Marie biscuits, or can’t find them then don’t worry because any kind of plain biscuits will work, they’re just the ones I used in this case.
Mixed Berry Cheesecake Slice
Ingredients1 x 395g tin Condensed milk
500g Cream Cheese
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 cup Mixed Frozen Berries
150g Butter, melted
250g Marie Biscuits (see notes)
Fresh Berries, to serve
Whipped Cream, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150°C and line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Crush biscuits in a food processor until fine. Add the butter and stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into the slice tin and flatten out, making sure the base is level and even. Place in the fridge and cool for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in a mixmaster until smooth. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla and beat again until smooth. Add eggs and beat until well combined.
4. Add berries to cream cheese mixture and gently stir through with a spatula or spoon. Pour mixture on to biscuit base and smooth out with spatula.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set and turn the oven off. Cool in the oven, with the door slightly ajar for 1 hour. Place in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight to chill. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.
Notes: Any type of plain biscuits can be used instead of Marie biscuits, they were just the ones I had on hand!
Please note that cooking time does not account for cooling time.