This post contains affiliate links. Please keep in mind that I may receive a small commission, at no extra charge to you, if you click our links and make purchases. Thank you!
Anyone that knows me knows that I absolutely love nibble platters. From cheese boards to graze boards and even fruit trays, I love being able to pick and munch on a variety of goodies spread out in front of me. They’re so perfect for sharing and there’s usually something that everyone can enjoy on them.
Thinking about this concept, I wondered why meals couldn’t be more like this, too. I mean, it would be so much easier to serve up if everything was just on one board and people could help themselves. And the presentation would be so impressive as well.
So I got my think cap on and designed a board to enjoy for a family breakfast (or brunch!) and the perfect thing about this idea is that it’s completely customisable to suit your taste preferences!
For example, if I had some mushrooms in the fridge that needed using, then they could easily be added, and if you don’t like tomatoes, simply leave them off! It’s up to you and what you have on hand!
On my board, I used all the breakfast usuals, like bacon & eggs, sausages and even some grilled cherry tomatoes. I made this platter to share between 2-3 people, but it can easily serve more or less with a couple of additional items.
When this board is placed on the table, you’ll be sure to receive oohs and ahhs from guests!
Tips For Presentation & Serving
- Weaving the bacon onto skewers really helps it to looks it’s best, and makes it easy to pick up from the board.
- Cutting the sausages in half not only makes them seem to go further; but also makes them look nicer.
- Using cherry tomatoes instead of normal tomatoes helps the board look a little fancier.
- Adding spinach brings a much-needed pop of green colour to the dish that really cuts through all the brown.
The Breakfast Board
Ingredients1 tbsp Oil
4 rashers Bacon (see note)
3 Beef Sausages
6 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 cup Baby Spinach
- Add oil to a large frying pan on medium heat. Cook sausages and bacon to your liking and remove from pan.
2. Add eggs and cherry tomatoes to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook eggs until to your liking. Remove from pan along with cherry tomatoes.
3. Slice sausages in half and carefully thread bacon onto skewers, being careful as it will be hot. Place on serving board.
4. Carefully add eggs to board and fill the gaps with spinach. Place cherry tomatoes on top of spinach and serve.
Notes: It’s 100% optional to to thread the bacon onto skewers. I just like the way it looks on the platter!